Monday

Top 5 Best Chicago Sports Media Personalities

Honorable Mention:


Lou Cannalis, Schwirsky, Funk, David Haugh, Bowen (dude who occasionally writes for the Sun-Times), Mulligan, John Jackson, Slezak (just because and Brad Biggs (best Bears’ blog in town).


5. J-Hood. Hood is the Whitlock of Chicago sports radio; funny and not afraid to offer his own opinion. Note to person not reading this: Change the afternoon saloon and put J-Hood on with DeFalco.


4. Carmen/Silvy/Pat Boyle/Hanley: Simply because they get it done. They are never annoying and always consistent.


3. Lawrence Holmes. The best Bears commentator in the city. Holmes provides relevant information and interesting discussion in probably the most fair and unbiased way. Note to person not reading this: It’s time to market Holmes a little more. Enough with the B & B. If you don’t, I could see Holmes going elsewhere (read ESPN Radio).


2. Stacey King. Because I can’t get enough of “Tabo Sefalooshahhhh” or references to Brian Scalabrine of the Celtics as Jacki Moon. From what seems out of nowhere, King has become the best in-game TV commentator in Chicago sports. We will always love Red, but King ads levity and a youthful perspective to Bulls’ telecasts that don’t go unnoticed. Very much like TNT’s studio crew, King is must see TV. Note to person not reading this: Stacey needs his own Bulls’ show, either on the radio or TV. I could see King interviewing Tyrus Thomas and making me laugh uncontrollably.


1. Tom Waddle: While I prefer him more on TV in FOX NFL Sunday and the NFL Network, the skinny Bears wide receiver that I used to hate, is my favorite Chicago sports personality. Waddle is funny, eloquent, and insightful. More importantly, he is not too high himself and recognizes his weaknesses. He is as polished as they come on the TV and provides passion while on the radio. What more could you ask for. Note to person not reading this: More Waddle.


-

2 comments:

I-Truth said...

Stacey King: That's a tough injury, Neil. Usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from. He'll have a lot of treatment and some physical therapy.
Neil Funk: jeee Stacey, you seem to know a lot about this stuff. Since when did you get your MD?
Stacey King: I'm no doctor Neil... but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

GENIUS!

dusty said...

Last year I was excited to see what Rose was made of, so I started watching the Bulls on a regular basis again. Huge fan all my life. But I must admit that it wasn't Rose or team mates that brought me back this year. It was the King of Broadcast, Stacey himself. Thanks for making the bulls a can't miss.